Gunman, 32 others killed in Va. shooting
I'll never understand what drives people to do sh*t like this. My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones. Such a senseless, violent waste.
MiA's ShAkEn NoT StiRReD BLoG
5 years ago
"In all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other."
8 comments:
I can't even begin to wrap my head around this and the bone headed way it was handled. Amazing.
What really shocks me is that the shooter was an Asian male. Not to be stereotyping here but most serial and/or mass murderers are white men.
It was handled terribly. There should be a warning system in place, a siren for example. At my son's elementary school they even have a lockdown procedure which is practiced just like the fire and tornado drills. The building is always locked and you have to get buzzed in through the office to get anywhere near the classrooms.
Of course that sort of security wouldn't have worked in VA--the guy was a student and probably had the ID. It's just a horrible tragedy.
I can't help but wonder if people are allowed to carry concealed weapons in VA. If just one person had a gun, he/she could have taken this lunatic out and saved lives.
Damn this country is so messed up sometimes.
Mia,
By the way, I don't know why but the last few times I've tried to get to your blog my browser crashes. That used to happen about a year ago too. I'll keep trying.
What browser are you using?
IE
It is bad enough to loose a child, but to loose a child in such a violent way, at a time when you are letting them go is too much.
---------
I agree with your sterotype. Koreans and Asians are generally not prone to this sort of slaughter. I am not defending the killer, but he was identified as having a mental illness. This entire episode could have been prevented so many times... What a horrific waste.
Also, I do know something about Korean families, and this must be incredibly hard on the killers family also. They are generally strong families, and most likely take this as a deep personal disgrace upon their honor.
Awfull, just phuking awfull.
Mia,
I just tried again and again my browser crashed. I'm jonesing for my dose of NYC life.
Emory,
I am all too well aware of Koreans and their honor system. Face is so important in their culture. Too important, I think. Several of the Koreans I know are really f*cked up because of trying to appear the "right" way and the stress of it.
I really feel awful for the victims families but in some way I feel even more for the family of the shooter. Not only did their son die, he chose to kill himself, AND he was a murderer along with it. Not just any murderer but the one now known as the worst mass shooter in all of US history. I cannot imagine the horror of knowing your loved one was the one who caused such a nightmare. His crazy and violent behavior will be linked to his family forever. He has made them infamous. What he did to the victims and their families is unspeakable. What he did to his own family was just plain heartless and wicked.
i wonder what made him do it. was it from bullying when he was a child or such... or was he truly crazy.
nowadays w/ guns being so easily gotten, anybody can murder ppl they don't like.... it was so different when i was in school. i think the deadliest things were pocket knives.
Post a Comment