8.14.2007

Well that didn't last long, did it? After more consideration I decided it was stupid to give up doing something that I like to do, just because of this person. He has taken enough from me already and I shouldn't be so willing to give more. So HA!

I spent a wonderful weekend with my two favorite sisters. Is it wrong to have favorites? I can't help it--they are just so much easier to talk to and more fun to spend time with then the others. Anyway, we really reconnected and I feel I have much more insight into my family now. It didn't hurt that all three of us were man and child-free for the weekend. No interruptions. Just girl time. Shopping, dinner, theatre, drinks....very relaxing.

It was especially interesting realizing my oldest sister and I have the same hang-ups about relationships and the same feelings about motherhood. Hearing her talk about her issues was like listening to myself talk. It was good therapy to have a mirror held up in front of me. I think I can see my own bullshit better now and recognizing your problems is the first step in the right direction, isn't it? My younger sister is so Zen and wise. After an intense conversation where I felt like she was counseling me I had to ask her, "You're younger than me. How did you get so smart?" They are both incredible women and I am so lucky to have them as family.

It's been some time since I posted on bipolar disorder and the reason behind that is there's not much crazy going on for me lately. My meds have been agreeing with me and I haven't had any dramatic or unusual highs or lows.

Well not much for a comeback post but I have a movie date with Jd.

2 comments:

Puppy said...

YEEYYYYYYY you are back and with such a positive post, it was good to read it and that you had such a good time with sisters.

I think its ok to have favorites, i have only one sister and she is MOST of MY FAVORITE ;)))) she spoil me and we are laughing so much when we are together :)))

Welcome back, you have been missed.

Still just me said...

I am so glad you decided to keep posting, and also that the meds are working for you.

Welcome back!