7.13.2007

Ghost story

Awhile back Um Naief did a post regarding some unusual activity in her home. She heard voices when she was alone in the house. It reminded me of events in my life...

Years ago I worked for a lovely family in their home. They were wonderful people but when you first enter their home there is such an eerie feeling. It wasn't long after I began working there that strange things began to happen. I would hear people talking upstairs when I was there alone. I would check--no tv or radio and the windows would be closed and locked. The conversation would stop as I walked up the stairs. I would see things out of the corner of my eye. One day I was feeling ill and decided to rest on the sofa. I woke up in a state of sleep paralysis, you know, when you can see and hear but are unable to move. It felt like someone was pushing on my chest. This happened several times over the span of months. I thought I was going crazy. I didn't tell anyone because I knew it sounded nuts. My best friend began to work there, and unknown to me was also having experiences. On several ocassions I would hear a rubber ball being bounced in the next room, which would also stop when I walked closer. One day it began and I called my friend and she could hear it over the phone. We finally admitted to each other what we had been experiencing. It was a relief to know it wasn't just me. Two more events really stick out in my mind. One day I was upstairs (alone in the home) and the doorbell rang. I wasn't being careful and hurried down the stairs too quickly. On the third step from the top I began to slip and fall. My heart jumped into my throat because I was very high up and the fall would definately do some damage. Just as I started to fall, something grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me upright. I regained my balance and it was fine. I literally felt something pull on my shirt. While I appreciated the help, it freaked me out. The next incident was the last straw for me though. I was housesitting for them one night and was just falling asleep when I felt a prescence in the room. I opened my eyes and saw a very tall, dark figure wearing a hat only a few feet from the bed. It was semi-transparent and seemed to be wearing a long coat. I was not dreaming. It was not a shadow from outside or inside. It was there. It made me feel very uncomfortable, to say the least. I quit working there soon after. I never told the family about my experiences for fear of either 1. making them think I was nuts or 2. scaring them. I am still close with this family and have been in the home many times since but never alone and never at night.

Tell me your ghost stories, either here or post and let me know.

4 comments:

Puppy said...

Unfortunately or even fortunately i didnt have such stories:)

But your stories are impressing, read them yesterday at night. Buggi!!! :)

Just Jane said...

It's all true, I swear. I don't think I would have believed it myself had it not been for my friend having very similar experiences. Truth be told I simply don't have a fantastic imagination and could not have tricked myself into imagining such things.

Um Naief said...

i've had experiences like these since childhood. the one that stands out most in my mind is when i was in probably the 3rd grade or such, and me and a girlfriend were playing hide and seak in the house. i hid in my mom's bedroom... which always made me feel nervous - anytime i'd go in there. well... i saw my friend walk past the window, so i knew she was outside, and when i went for the door and slightly opened it, something from the outside pulled it closed and wouldn't let me open it. i terrified me. i sat down immediately w/ my back against the door.... and after getting up my nerve again, i tried and it was fine. that room always scared me... especially the closet.

i used to feel my bed bounce and would tell my mom... she thought i was dreaming or just making it up.

and once i was playing w/ friends on the side of a hill w/ very tall weeds, and we were playing hide and seak again. i was running thru the weeds, which were way over my head and i came upon this man sitting w/ a knife in his hand... he was holding it up like a trophy or something. it scared me sooo bad. i thought he was going to murder us... but i don't know if it was real or a ghost.

and i "thought" i saw a ghost a long time ago at my aunt's party. it was going across the porch of their really old house. i disappeared and then reappeared. my uncle said i was seeing things.

great post here.

العاب said...

well done