What my kids have taught me:
1. Whenever you fall down get right back up, no matter how many times you fall. (Even though my daughter has been walking for nearly a year she still falls down a lot. Sometimes it seems her legs move faster than her body.)
2. You can get almost anything you want from life if you are persistant enough. For example, if Mom and Dad put a latch on a cupboard to keep you out, spend as much time as necessary trying different techniques to unhook it.
3. Don't let obstacles deter you. If there is a baby gate in your path get a chair and climb over it.
4. Don't be afraid to try something new. How do you know that clump of dirt or that dead leaf doesn't taste good unless you try it?
5. Think for yourself. Don't let Mom and Dad's repeated warnings that you will fall and be injured if you jump on the furniture stop you if that is truly what you desire to do.
6. Life is unfair. Someone will always have a slightly larger cookie or slice of pie than you. Go ahead and cry about it.
MiA's ShAkEn NoT StiRReD BLoG
5 years ago
10 comments:
LOL @ #6!! Yes :)
very nice post!
7.How to draw :)
"All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
Pablo Picasso
very nice post and very true as well:)
I loved so much reading your post; it's so motivating. We just need to revive the child inside us. :)
I'm surprised that you all enjoyed this post so much. I wrote this yesterday while feeling both frustrated and amazed by the things my kids do. Yesterday alone my son fell off a piece of furniture (after repeated warnings) and my daughter got a chair and pushed it up to the babygate in an attempt to scale it.
I decided I had to find the positive in their behavior or they'd both be locked in their rooms forever.
Jane,
"Whenever you fall down get right back up, no matter how many times you fall. (Even though my daughter has been walking for nearly a year she still falls down a lot. Sometimes it seems her legs move faster than her body.)"
I find that really sweet.
Am glad the lessons weren't wasted on you.
I loved this post! I guess we were on the same wave length this week.
love it! ..... and so true.
lovely post.. much of their actions are the simplicities which grown ups tend to complicate.
Beautiful post jane...
Post a Comment