5.09.2007

Even the terrorists know not to f*ck with the Disney Corporation

RAMALLAH, West Bank - Hamas militants have suspended a TV program that featured a Mickey Mouse lookalike urging Palestinian children to fight Israel and work for global Islamic domination, the Palestinian information minister said Wednesda

Click on the link. No, really. I find it hilarious that Islamic militants even had the notion of using such an American symbol for their hate campaign. First, how uncreative are they that not even one of them could fathom a new mascot for killing and world domination? And which bright bulb on the marquee thought that a mouse would be an icon of power? I guess it just goes to show how little independant thought is used and valued. And second, what special kind of idiot thought it smart to infringe on the copyright of Walt Disney? If I recall correctly, a few years back they went after a man who painted a few Disney characters on his garage door. They took him to court and made him remove it. Did Hamas think they were stronger, more influential than Disney? It makes me laugh out loud. Nobody, and that means nobody, f*cks with Mickey Mouse.

7 comments:

Mia said...

They don't call him the mouse that roared for nothing baby!

Ayman Elsherbiny أيمن الشربيني said...

I agree with u that Al-Aqsa tv station that is owned by Hamas was mistaken, and they already suspended the program. Nevertheless, I disagree with the word "terrorists" cause I believe that the only terrorists are the Israelis who commit massacres against Palestinians, and lately against the Lebanese.

lifeflaw said...

I think this is an example of Americanization of the Middle East.

On the other hand, they are being really shallow and uncreative by copying a Disney character!

Just Jane said...

I just thought it was hilarious. How clever! Was this a PR stunt? Are they seeking attention?

I'm not going to argue whether Hamas is a terrorist group or not. To be blunt, these days what I think of the whole Israeli/Palestinian thing is ever so politically incorrect. Want to know what I've really been thinking about them lately? Do you really?
I hate them both. Not the people, just the politics and the governing bodies. They are both a group of whiney children. "Well we only took their soldier because they are oppressing us." "Well we only acted in self-defense because they blew up one of our buses." "They don't have the right to exist. They have no right to be here." "This is our land promised to us by G-d himself." Blah blah blah blah. Boo-f*cking hoo. I've lost all sympathy. They love to kill each other. They love to blame each other. Either one side or the other always refuses peaceful negotiations. The Israeli government is a group of thugs and bullies. The Palestinian "politicos"/bombers are nothing but a bunch of unorganized hate-mongers. None of them truly wants peace. They wouldn't know what to do with it if they got it. I don't ever expect or even hope for it to end anymore. Until the day that the whole world blows up they will fight each other. It's a fact of life. The sky is blue, the grass is green and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict just is.

Um Naief said...

ayman, i disagree... i think the ppl doing all the killing in iraq are terrorists. who in the world would want to kill their own ppl like this other than terrorists??!! and when you have ppl blowing up themselves and then revenge killings in the same form or fashion, i believe this to be terrorist activities.. isn't it the goal to put terror into the hearts of those around them?

but i agree w/ you jane... mickey isn't to be messed with! :)

Emory Mayne said...

"Nobody, and that means nobody, f*cks with Mickey Mouse."

Oh Yeah!!!!

Well you better get Minnie and Daffy on the damn phone :) I have heard Minnie can be a real PITA!

Aisha said...

lol, yeah, i saw this on tv and i couldnt look away, it was the most absurd thing... i actually saw it on the daily show so i thought it was a joke/skit... thanks for clearing the air... reallly interesting...funny but really creepy, the whole thing!