7.02.2007

I am keeping a secret from you but I can hide no longer. I'm tired of sneaking around, incognito. I have become what I fear most. I drive my son to soccer in a minivan. Yes, my friends, I am now a soccer mom. However, I will be shot before I tie a cardigan around my neck. I will not scream hysterically at games. I will not have my hair cut into a trendy, sensible style. I will not gossip about Jd and other moms with the ladies. I have limits, you know. Truthfully, I fit in there as well as I do anywhere. Me with no makeup, hairstyle, tattoos, piercings and out of fashion clothes. Jd does tease me about it because he knows what dread the thought of becoming one of those clones does to me. Will not give in to peer pressure. Will not try to fit in and sacrifice self. Those women kind of scare me really. I don't understand them.

Finally something good happened in our lives--a healthy baby girl. Beautiful with dark hair and large eyes. Her mother came through it healthy. Such a relief. It's nice to have a new baby in the family. Gives me the itch to have one more....wait, scratch that thought. I can hear my daughter tormenting her brother as I type. If only they stayed small, sweet babies...

5 comments:

Emory Mayne said...

Eh.... I don't know. You think maybe no makeup, no hairstyle, tattoos, piercings, and out of fashion clothes is, in and of itself a fashion statement ;) A different kind of clone, but a clone nonetheless.

Agree with you on the hysterical screaming of course. I am not sure its limited to soccer moms though.

I also want to wish the young 'fawn' good luck during the games. I used to get a 'kick' out of watching these lil' Beckham's and Ronaldo's scrumming about the pitch. They reminded me of Bambi's bouncing around the forest asserting themselves.... quite funny really, and I miss it.

Congrats on the family addition, but as for staying sweet and small, well that must be a female thing...... I want them grown full and strong, broad shouldered and happy. I would not have minded another one or two or three or four or five or ...... but alas, I do not own a farm!

Mia said...

You will never be a conventional soccer mom you're too unique for that! Congrats on the newest arrival. I've been in baby utopia with my friend's baby lately she was having room mate drama so she moved in with us. I am so loving having him here 24-07 I even get up to feed him. He said his first words the other day and I am proud to say it was,"ia" his mom says it's his way of saying "mia"...lol

Um Naief said...

you know.. all of those moms envy your tats and piercings, and probably wish they could be an individual like you... not some clone.

naief is getting his first teeth. he's grouchy today and has a slight fever... boy, i can't hardly believe it. time flies.

you know... i decided to suck it in and get a do. one of these oh so stylish bobs w/ the added color. i'll tell ya... i love it. short hair is so much easier...

العاب فلاش said...

well done

السيارات said...

يعطيك العافية