1. Humans should not be allowed to procreate until age 18. Then, before having children, they should be required to take at least 8 hours of parenting classes. I know it won't elimate all cases of child abuse and neglect but it might save a few kids.
2. If the US government and our president are doing what is best for our nation, then why do so many other countries want to kick our ass? Yes, I know it is always like that but it seems more so lately.
3. Why didn't anyone tell me that having kids would kill my sex life?
4. On a day when more of our fellow Americans have died in wars overseas, why is the big news of the day that some pop-tart "singer" is pregnant?
5. Do the fundamentalist, bible-thumpers even listen to the Vatican or is it selective deafness?
6. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad makes the first official contact between Iran and the US since 1979. Wow.
MiA's ShAkEn NoT StiRReD BLoG
5 years ago
5 comments:
I shuddered at the title a few weeks "the world eagerly awaits the birth of baby brangelina"... I just finished watching the Constant Gardener and the rape of Africa for all who care to partake.... can't help but think that we're purposely being pushed these "news stories" on celebs to keep our minds off the real issues.
There's probably a lot of truth to your theory, Aisha...
It is ironic, I just wrote my comment and then it disappeared - all the CTRL-Z couldn't undo!! Anyway, I was saying that I think a lot about what you are mentioning, no wonder why I like to keep coming to your blog. :)
Regarding the 1st thought, it reminds me of an ad that I got by email yesterday, it shows animals taking good care of their children, then it ends showing a beaten child... then they write, "Some kids wish their parents were animals." I will email it to you.
some good thoughts. Interesting that our government dismissed the Iranian government's letter out of hand. I think that no matter your opinion of Iran it was still an important gesture.
I agree with Aisha...the stories on Britney,et al. are all there to keep us preoccupied.
The bible-thumpers don't listen to the Vatican because they are fundamentalist Protestants who believe that the Catholics are just as evil as Jews and Muslims.
1. 8 hours of parenting .... come on Jane, you may as well have them watch the entire series of the Brady Bunch, for all the good 8 hours will do them.
2. You really should take into account who it is that wants to kick our ass. Besides, I don't think Tonga, or Lichenstien hold any animosity toward the Great Satan.
3. Oh SHIT! sorry, my bad. URMM Children, yes they can lead to some sexual side affects, anxiety, and headaches. Some allergic reactions can be severe and long lasting. Please consult your physcian before having any. Not recommended for children below the age of 18, and members of the Republican Party. DAMN .... I am a little late, SORRY!
4. and evidently she didn't get your 8 hour minimum either.
5. Fundementalist are in fact deaf. Christian, Muslim, and Jew. It is a pre-requisite. Christian fundies are want the end of the world, Muslim fundies are trying to bring it about, and the Jewish Fundies want one more settlement and a Temple.
6. I would like to see the Great Satan lay waste to Iran. Turn it into some sort of diabolicle military proving ground. I would prefer we do this to them, BEFORE they do it to us.
Post a Comment