8.25.2006

Anyone else want to hide from the boogeyman under the blankets?

I'm really sick of politics, world events, and war but found these articles and had to post them. I'm not going on record with an opinion about any of them--just thought I'd share them with you folk, see what you think.

IS ISRAEL BLACKMAILING AMERICA?
Israel, purportedly our friend, has been spying on us all. And we're not talking about individual spooks like Jonathan Pollard, or small-time networks such as the 140 Israelis arrested by the FBI prior to 9/11, or the 60 arrested since (including 5 arrested who were cheering and celebrating as the World Trade Towers collapsed).

It turns out that Israel has had a potential wiretap on every phone in America for years, along with the ability to monitor and record who any person is calling, anywhere in America; information of great value even if one does not listen to the calls themselves. Amdocs, Inc. the company which sub contracts billing and directory services for phone companies around the world, including 90 percent of American phone companies, is owned by Israeli interests. Yet another company, Comverse Infosys, is suspected of having built a "back door" into the equipment permanently installed into the phone system that allows instant eavesdropping by law enforcement agencies on any phone in America. This includes yours.


Bush to anti-war widow: "There was no point in us having a philosophical discussion about the pros and cons of the war"
One anti-war widow said she used the opportunity to voice her objections to Bush's policies.

"I said it's time to stop the bleeding," said Hildi Halley, whose husband, Army National Guard Capt. Patrick Damon, died June 15 in Afghanistan. "It's time to swallow our pride and find a solution."

She said Bush responding by saying "there was no point in us having a philosophical discussion about the pros and cons of the war."


Israel's 'Moral High Ground'
It keeps getting lower…

Thomas Ricks, reporter, Washington Post: "I think it will be. But I think civilian casualties are also part of the battlefield play for both sides here. One of the things that is going on, according to some U.S. military analysts, is that Israel purposely has left pockets of Hezbollah rockets in Lebanon, because as long as they're being rocketed, they can continue to have a sort of moral equivalency in their operations in Lebanon."

Kurtz: "Hold on, you're suggesting that Israel has deliberately allowed Hezbollah to retain some of its fire power, essentially for PR purposes, because having Israeli civilians killed helps them in the public relations war here?"

Ricks: "Yes, that's what military analysts have told me."


Matthews: Neocons ‘May Be Right’ When They Say Bush ‘Has To Hit’ Iran
Today on MSNBC, Chris Matthews hosted a segment entitled “Is Iran Next?” Matthews said that Bill Kristol and other neoconservatives “may be right” when they argue that Bush “has to hit” Iran militarily. Watch it:

Russia and Central Asian Allies Conduct War Games in Response to US Threats
Barely acknowledged by the Western media, military exercises organized by Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan under the Collective Security Treaty Organisation, (CSTO) were launched on the 24th of August. These war games, officially tagged as part of a counter terrorism program, are in direct response to US military threats in the region including the planned attacks against Iran.

Thanks to What really happened for the links.

4 comments:

Mia said...

move over sister I need some space under that blanket!

Um Naief said...

Me too! I'm so tired of this stuff. Here in Bahrain, I see it daily on the news - death and more death - hate and more hate - war and more war.

My FIL thinks that the U.S. will attack Iran by the end of Sept. I've not heard a lot about it.

Fostermama said...

I too, am SO very tired and saddened by the current state of the world around us. I refuse to live in fear though.

Mostly because I think that is what the current administration wants. A nation of people who fear that we are at any moment doomed, and believe that the ideology spewed forth from our narrow minded leader is reality, and not contrived bullshit for his own personal gain.

But that's just my two cents. =)

Although spending a weekend huddled under a blanket does sound nice! Can we make a blanket fort? Oooh, and maybe some S'mores!!!

Masti-boy said...

Some time I wonder..is it worth bringing new babies in this world?. Is it fair to them?