Dear Friends,
I have been very troubled by current events in your region. In my thirty-one years on this planet I can never remember a time when your part of the globe saw true peace. There is no peace in the Middle East, only lulls in between the wars. Now the flames are burning bright again and showing no signs of dying down. I'm afraid that it will only get worse. Over the past year I feel I've gotten to know you. I know you are no more responsible for what is happening that I am for what GW does. You are rational, sane, compassionate people. You do not deserve to live in the shadow of war. You should be able to go to your job safely, raise your children, and live a normal life.
It is my opinion that it's time to realize the extremists on every side will not let go. They will not quit until every bullet is fired, every bomb detonated, every "enemy" is dead. And they don't care if they kill you in the process. You are disposable. Your life has no meaning and no value to them. Perhaps it is time to think about leaving. South America, the US, Canada, or Europe are compartively quiet places. Just a thought.
I know you may say you cannot leave your homeland or your family. Adopt another homeland and bring your family with you. My home has a spare bedroom. I will do anything I can to help you out. If you seriously want to come, contact me. We'll find a way to get you here. Maybe someday your homeland will be peaceful and you can return if you like. But please consider my suggestion and my offer in the meantime.
Every day you are in my thoughts and I wish nothing but good things for you.
With deepest sincerity,
Jane
MiA's ShAkEn NoT StiRReD BLoG
5 years ago
16 comments:
Dear Jane so much to say about this... I think I'll email you instead once I get off work
saYour Post brought me to tears.
Not tears of pity for myself and my people, but tears of compassion for your truly kind-hearted words, Jane.
The fact that you're offering a bedroom is a gesture so beautiful I cannot describe. I am from Egypt, my country has not yet the war to be seen on T.V. and yet no dead bodies from foreign bombs. But I'm also from Palestine, and part of my family who still live there will never leave. Many men in my family died. Boys too. and yet the mothers keep getting beautiful babies. and families there hold pride that their home has a "shaheed", a martyr.
My Grandmother, wakes up every morning at fajr prayer with one sentence on her lips: "Allah yehdy el yahood we Allah ye7meeky ya balady."= May Allah (God) lead the Jews to the right path of peace (the closest a translation I can get) and may Allah protect you my country (she means Palestine- though she has been born here in Egypt.)
I repeat after my Grandmother: Allah ye7meeky ya balady (May Allah protect my country). My country is the Middle East, not Egypt alone.
My offer is sincere. We are not wealthy people but we have a good house, plenty to eat, and do not worry about being bombed while going to work or to the market. It's not a bad life. We have the extra room and it seems wrong not to offer it. We may not be the same race or religion but you are my family all the same and this is what you do for family.
Well it's good to know that. there are some compassiante americans still alive
i'VE JUST HEARD GW BUSH
'islamic fascist speech' then i checked on yahoo a dicussion about the subject,you can't imagine the amount of hatred and racisim i've seen
i was shocked i did't know there's that much hatred towards arabs and muslims among americans
NOboby seemed to care about the sufferings in the region or the killings and to them all muslims or abars are terrorist pigs who deserve whatever they get
then i came across this blog it gave some hope still that maybe a time will come when nations get over that huge global misunderstanding.
AND your offer is kind really but i guess staying in yor homeland messy as it is,but knowing that you are surrounded by people who love and respect you,is better than staying in a safer place knowing that those around hate you or at best chances just disrespect your beleives.
IT's the love that brings security
Thank you again it was touchy and stay safe
Jane your offer is really heartfelt... but we can not leave. the number of people wo are rational and peaceful and do not diserve to go through this is in hundreds of millions! we can not nor do we want to leave our countries. we deal with what we are dealt.. that is how life is. we would never abandon our country... but in contrary... try to fix it... and hope for a better future for it.
besides... the anonymous comment is true... muslims and middle eastern dissentents are not having the best time over there. i am sorry to say that alot of people, besides the government would harass us to death. I know alot of people who actually were going to the states to live and changed their mind. I do not believe they would be treated with respect and honour there.. although I know we would be treated well in your home.
thanx for the offer... but we all really would rathar not leave our homes.
Jane, thanks for your lovely offer. As for me i can leave if i want since i have all my papers ready,even the ticket..but i won't leave my homeland, my family, and my brothers and sisters here. I prefer staying here among people who love and respect me,as anonymous said. Moreover,i don't mind getting killed here. I'm no better than any of the more than one thousand killed children or others. It would be my honour to get my blood mixed with the soil of my beloved country.
I adore you.
Your letter is so touchy. It is really good to know that there are still people outside the Middle East who care for the Middle Easters.
After I read your post, I heard one question ringing in my head: "if everybody leaves, who will fight for the country? Shall we leave the country for the enemy?"
Anyway, your post is a very warm gesture, thank you so much:)
I would not want the world to judge me based upon the actions of a few Americans. I certainly don't think it is right to do that to anyone else. I have read and heard that there is this anti-Muslim sentiment in the US but I have not seen it personally, other than the stupid things GW says. In fact I've only seen the opposite. The bat mitzvah I attended last March was also attended by several Muslim women wearing headscarves. No one batted an eye at it. I'm not denying that it exists but I haven't seen it in my area. And yes, doshar, any of you, Muslim or Jew or Israeli or Lebanese would be treated well in my home and by my entire family.
I understand your reluctance to leave your homes. I cannot say for certain how I would feel put in your situation. However, my question remains who wins if all the good people like you are dead? No one. Then what country is left? Who will keep the culture, the language, the traditions?
These people on every side will continue to kill until everyone is dead unless a great leader full of wisdom, compassion, and integrity comes into power. Someone who can guide the whole area into peace. I don't believe anyone like that has any bit of control in the ME. I don't believe we have that in the US. Hell, maybe we are all doomed. In any case things are still relatively good in the US and my offer is genuine.
I agree w/ you Jane. There are good ppl in the U.S. Not everyone is bad. You have a kind heart and it's nice to see that in this day and age.
Come on, let's face it, 50 years ago (before the introduction of Israel to the Middle East), the situation was much peaceful here.
for more than 40 years african american americans have faught and died for no more racisim. Slavery is a part of my peoples life. I am so sorry for your countries but every one is going through something. If you believe in a supreme being then you should perhaps seek out some Jehovahs Witnesses and they can give you a better understanding of a better future coming sooner than anyone thinks.
americas freedom cones with a price.Americans especially those that are so called the dominate race is not nice and don't let their smole fool you. America is the big evil. Ask others that have been here in america. They are the reason for all of these wars and deaths throughout the world. They are trouble makers
There are a couple of misspelled words. above Comes,Smile,
Hey anonymous, have some balls, use a name.
And by the way, if you don't like America or Americans kindly stop coming by my blog and stay the hell out of my country. I know the US has problems and flaws but I am DAMN proud of it. What country in the world is perfect? What country hasn't committed atrocities? Fuck off.
Post a Comment