WASHINGTON - The Army general who would carry out President Bush's new war plan urged a skeptical Congress and American public Tuesday to be patient, but acknowledged "the situation in Iraq is dire."
The war in Iraq is illegal, immoral and one that will not be won by anyone. I think GW thought it would be easy, that it would be a repeat of the first Gulf war. I think he thought he would be a hero for knocking out Saddam. He'd throw the army in like gangbusters and the whole thing would be done in a month. It's my belief that he went into this for his own glorification and egomania. What an idiot. I'm sick of seeing Iraqi people dead in the streets. I'm sick of seeing my American brothers and sisters coming home maimed, disabled and in caskets. I am angry at those who voted for this imbecile a second time, despite what harm he had already done to our country. We all know he didn't really win the first time around. To those Americans who helped give this meglomaniac power, this is your fault. You chose this man to run our country and look at what he has done with this power. When you weep for those lost in Iraq remember the blood is on your hands as well. When you voted for GW you told him he was doing a good job, he deserved to keep it. Your vote told him that our country was on the right path. Now I'm sure some of you will comment and give me a bunch of bullshit about my views on this subject. Go ahead and say what you will. No matter how intelligent or tactful your statements you cannot convince me to change my belief. He took us from a period of relative peace into fighting so much that most of our national guard is guarding another nation. Our government went from having a surplus under Clinton to the biggest deficit in history. Government money to programs for healthcare and education are being slashed to give more money to the military. His government allows and sanctions the abuse of prisioners. He has sanctioned torture. He has declared several of our constitutional rights invalid under his authority alone. He says it's ok for the government to listen in on your phone calls and read your email and look at your bank accounts. And he doesn't need any stinking warrants or the approval of anyone. He has used fear and biogtry to get what he wants. GW has taken more power than any other president and we have let him do it. And he really fucked up with the Katrina situation. Yes, the mayor of New Orleans and the governor of LA share the blame. But ultimately it was his responsibility to take care of his people here in America. He has cheated and lied. GW has let us down at every turn. He is speeding the demise of America. We have lost economic strength. We have lost valuable allies in the world. We have lost the respect of other countries. We have lost our integrity by behaving as bad or worse than our enemies. GW has screwed us up the ass a hundred ways. Tonight he will feed the media a bunch of bullshit on tv. I for one will not listen anymore. I'm sick of his speeches and declarations of victory. At this time I am certain he lives in a reality all his own. And one thing I know about the future is that he will not stop. We have to stop him.
MiA's ShAkEn NoT StiRReD BLoG
5 years ago
2 comments:
Jane, you and I have been on the same page for a couple of years now. I get so damn frustrated, and just want to shake people into reality.
Smashing a third World Army is easy! History is full of military victories, but total losses. Urm... Does 1776 ring a freedom bell. Great Britain was just about undefeated on the field, but lost a Continent! Oh .... and Lord Cornwallis was the British "Surge" that ended at Yorktown.
Hello Vietnam. US never lost an engagement! Lost a War though.
Wars aren't about smashing Armies anymore, and haven't been since WWII.
Iraq is a textbook failure. Which sounds glib considering real human beings are being destroyed.
I will watch DUMBYA tonight....I will watch every damn minute of it!
Jane,
The only stipulation I have to what you wrote is that you can't blame dead Iraqis on George Bush anymore. Iraqis are killing each other.
Bush maybe responsible for dead Americans because they probably wouldn't be dead if he hadn't sent them over there. But Iraqis were dying in great numbers under Saddam. They continue to do so.
Post a Comment