1.14.2007

Question: What is the best method of birth control?

Answer: Spending time with the children you already have.

Seriously, my kids are making me crazy. The constant bickering, the whining, the lack of respect for my authority is taking its toll. A friend is taking them for all of next weekend so I can get some time off but I don't know how I'm going to manage to get through this week. I am exhausted and burned out. These two creatures are the greatest gift and the greatest joy in my life. But why is it that right now I can only fantasize about being away from them? I am counting down the days, literally. In all honesty I would love to run away from home today. Doesn't matter where I go as long as it is not here. How awful is that? All the yoga and relaxation breathing in the world cannot make this feel better. Calgon, take me away!

2 comments:

Emory Mayne said...

Hate to laugh darling, but this is funny.....

*sends Jane a years supply of Calgon and fresh cucumber face mask*

Um Naief said...

i loved those Calgon commercials. always wanted a huge bathtub like that... and to be able to bathe my cares away!

i think getting away from the kids is a good idea. glad your friend is there for you!